Select Page

Congo commemorates the day in memory of Patrice Emery Lumumba

Magazine Forums Real Life Congo commemorates the day in memory of Patrice Emery Lumumba

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joram Jojo
    Keymaster

Patrice Emery LumumbaOn January 17 of each year the Democratic Republic of Congo commemorates the day in memory of the national hero Patrice Emery Lumumba.

The latter is known to have actively fought for the independence of the DRC.

Born in 1925 in Onalua in the Kasai region, Lumumba was Prime Minister of the Congo.

After his service at the post office of Stanley Ville Kisangani punctuated by several scenes of imprisonment, Lumumba becomes an activist and follower of Pan-Africanism.

Arrived in Kinshasa formerly called Léopoldville, Lumumba embarks on politics alongside Joseph Ileo pioneer and founding member of the Mouvement National Congolais MNC. Lumumba became President of this party in 1958.

In the same year, Lumumba is invited by the Ghanaian Kwame Nkrumah during the African conference of Independent States, a meeting that will boost the latter’s thinking towards Pan-Africanism.

Lumumba condemns the riots, including that of January 4, 1059, which led to the death of several people and made several trips abroad, notably to Belgium, to demand the independence of the Congo.

He initiated several popular demands and was arrested after a riot in Kisangani which he is considered to have instigated.

He was incarcerated for three months and when released from prison, Belgium under pressure set the date of June 30, 1960 as that of independence.

On Independence Day, before King Baudoin of Belgium, Lumumba, then Prime Minister, made an impromptu speech during which he denounced colonialism and its crimes.

For several historians, this speech signed his death warrant.

He was assassinated on January 17, 1961 after torture and his body and that of two of his companions was diluted in acid.

He was therefore declared the first national hero of the DRC and each year on January 17 the day is dedicated to him.

59 years after his death, his story remains eloquent and the Congolese people live the independence which constitutes one of the assets of their struggle.

Joram Jojo
    Keymaster

Alliance des forces democratiques du Congo AFDC

The political grouping Alliance des forces democratiques du Congo AFDC-A reaffirms its commitment to remain one and indivisible under the authority of Senator Modeste Bahati Lukwebo.

As a result, executives are called upon to mobilize and rearm in order to prepare for the country’s next elections

This is what emerged from a political morning of this political regrouping organized this Thursday, January 16, 2020 in the Salle la Manna located in the commune of Ibanda.

For the secretary general in charge of the establishment of the party within the ADFC, the national deputy Hilaire Kikobya, all the executives and militants must know that there are not two regroupings of the AFDC A.

He reaffirms that the only legal AFDC A grouping is that led by Senator Modeste Bahati Lukwebo and the executives must now line up in order to prepare for the next elections.

Joram Jojo
    Keymaster

Deputy Director of Cabinet of the National Minister, Kaninigu Shem Lwango

Elected as a national deputy in the Kabare territory but invalidated several months later by the Constitutional Court, Kaninigu Shem Lwango is the current Deputy Director of Cabinet of the National Minister of Industry Julien Paluku, Moral authority of the United Bloc for Emergence and the Renaissance of the Congo.

Remobilizing its base in Kabare territory around the values ​​advocated by its political party during a political morning, Thursday January 16, 2020, Kaningu Shem Lwango does not back down and would not like to show those who fought it that it was defeated.

It is in this sense that the one nicknamed “Cikala” (guardian of local or indigenous values) has started touring despite a busy schedule at the National Ministry of Industry.

It all started, at least officially, Thursday, January 16, 2019, with a motorized caravan and fanfare on the main artery of the Katana shopping center where children, women and old people mobilized to show their support for Faustin Kaningu.

After visiting the office where the BUREC office will be located in the Katana shopping center, a popular meeting was held at the Bidabanga site. On this occasion, at least one hundred people, including leaders, signed their memberships.

Here, a clear message from the elected official was launched: “Come all join BUREC because it is a party of development and good governance … the Honorable Julien Paluku is attached to Kabare. He is a man of development and he has demonstrated this at the head of the province of North Kivu. Come all and let’s build together our territory, our Province and our country ”.

Faustin Kaningu took the opportunity to announce the projects that are being prepared at the level of the National Ministry of Industry and which should benefit the province of South Kivu and in particular the territory of Kabare.

“There are plans for Kabare. I just negotiated a modern cement plant project for Kabare. Unfortunately it happens that in the region of the Head of State, there is no cement factory while in Katana it is claimed that there is a cement factory. This is how this cement plant will be installed elsewhere. I am fighting so that in South Kivu we can have something. At the ministry level, we are creating special economic zones. I am fighting for a special economic zone in Kabare and more specifically in Kakondo in the Bugorhe group just next to the Katana cement plant… I am behind another project… at a university in South Korea where I was in training, I got in touch with eminent professors so that they bring the technology they use here with us in our research centers, particularly in the field of geomorphology… so we have several projects for , for example, INERA, CRCN / Lwiro, ISEAV-Mushweshwe, and UNI 50 Lwiro and many others ”, he explains in a reassuring tone.

He also called on the residents of Kabare not to give in to the blackmailing of politicians who always want to stifle the young rising generations but rather to join forces with men who have vision to promote others.

Joram Jojo
    Keymaster

Congo BUREC Political Party

Congo BUREC

More than a hundred people, including more than 40 local leaders of the Irhambi-Katana grouping in Kabare territory, signed their memberships within the United Bloc Political Party for the Renaissance and the Emergence of the Congo BUREC in acronym.

It was during a political morning organized Thursday January 16, 2020 at the Bidabanga Football Field at the Katana shopping center by Kaningu Shem Lwango Faustin, BUREC executive and Irhambi-Katana notable.

During this political morning, Kaningu Shem Lwango Faustin explained to the participants the ideology of BUREC and the vision of its moral authority the current national minister of industry Julien Paluku Kahongya.

He specifies that the major concern of his political party is to proceed by concrete actions and transform the daily life of the population by real and achievable projects.

“I came to greet my voters in Kabare, tell them about the political situation in the country, the evolution of my party and, at his request, establish my party BUREC. BUREC is a party of the masses and I appealed to all the masses of Kabare to join. BUREC is a party of development, a party of Good Governance. Honorable Julien Paluku, my moral authority is a man of development. He has proven himself to be the head of North Kivu province… and today, voters demanded that I come and install the party here because Julien Paluku accepted a son of Kabare from him. A son of Kabare rejected by the people of Kabare. My base considered that Julien Paluku accepted all Kabare through Kaningu, that’s why, she decided to come with me to BUREC… ”, he explains.

Kaningu Shem Lwango Faustin reassures that despite his invalidation as a national deputy by the Constitutional Court, he will continue with his political fight so that the population is in good conditions to confuse those who did everything to have him invalidated.

“The Constitutional Court is a Court where there are only judges of authority … they imposed their unfair judgments on the CENI and the National Assembly. And so, I consider myself as the true elected representative of Kabare. The person who replaced me knows this. She is convinced that the real elected representative of Kabare is Kaningu and not her… we know very well that lies were mounted in laboratories and everything was in the concern to invalidate Mr. Kaningu because some leaders of South Kivu n don’t like to have others emerging. But I remain confident and I am continuing my political fight “, reassures the man who sat for almost 8 months in the National Assembly before the Court confirmed his invalidation in favor of Marie-Ange Mushobekwa.

The participants, for their part, motivate their adhesions by the fact that the moral authority of BUREC has invested heavily in defending the cause of Faustin Kaningu until agreeing to keep him in his office after his invalidation.

“We are Cikala. It means indigenous people or guardians of local values. We massively rated for Kaningu but he was unjustly invalidated. As Julien Paluku did not reject him, he understood the values ​​he embodies, we now consider that BUREC has also become our family and our father is his moral authority. There is a dialect from here that says that when the river moves, all the stones it contains take the same direction. So we will accompany him at all levels, “said one of the members, Pastor Baderha Bichera Christophe.

A little before the event, a visit was made to the place where the BUREC office in Katana-Center will be erected.

The ceremony was held in the presence of several BUREC executives, including its secretary general Mihigo Rwabahizi dit Trafca, the president of the BUREC women’s union Deborah Mulemangabo and the spokesperson Elie Chamunani.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Font Resize